No Tools Needed
There’s nothing quite like the elegant colors found on antique metal. Thanks to GILDERS® paste wax , you can give any age metal a beautiful vintage appearance in just a few easy steps.
1. Using your finger, apply a base layer of a dark blue gilders paste, like Iris Blue. Depending on the metal rivets and detailing, you may need to rub harder to ensure even coating.
2. Add highlights using a Gold or Bronze GILDERS® paste wax, like African Bronze. Extending the paste with thinner allows you to easily blend GILDERS® paste wax to create a more architectural distressed finish.
3. Add some additional highlights using Patina GILDERS® paste wax for that aged copper contrast.
4. If you’d like to lighten or remove some of the GILDERS® paste wax, simply use a paper towel to rub off the desired area within 5 minutes.
5. Allow the GILDERS® paste wax to dry for at least 60 minutes.
6. Apply 3-4 light coats of a clear acrylic sealer.
Voilà! A beautifully vintage baroque art metal finish using only GILDERS® paste wax and your own hands.